birding-aus

FW: TC Yasi and Lloyd Nielsen

To: Denise Goodfellow <>
Subject: FW: TC Yasi and Lloyd Nielsen
From: "" <>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:59:57 +1100
Hi Denise,
I got an email from Lloyd a short time ago and he is safe and well.

"...Yes, we were very very lucky - just a bit of wind and not much rain.
Thankfully we were far enough north from the crossing point to be out of the
damage area. There was some damage on the southern tableland apparently. We did
not lose electricity but the phones (both landline and mobile) have been on and
off. We had phones immediately after the cyclone went through - for a couple of
hours yesterday (Thursday) morning. Then they went out for the rest of the
day....."

Cheers
Dave