birding-aus

Yasi

To: Alan Gillanders <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject: Yasi
From: inger vandyke <>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 22:10:12 +0000
Hi All,

My parents and many of our friends are in NQ at the moment.  They have made
similar preparations.  My parents said that the birds have been panicking since
this morning, are very flighty and getting out of the path of Yasi.  It's odd
how they sense the imminent danger.

Thankfully all my family and friends have taken similar precautions to you,
Alan, and they are as prepared as they ever will be for people that are living
on the coast, directly across the road from our house up there.

To all of you, be safe and keep your mobile phones charged for as long as you
have power.  Please arrange to check in with distant family by any means
possible if you can.  Certainly for us, the winds are a concern but probably
not as much as the floodwaters.  Our homes are all near the coast and are in
the path of storm surge.

Especially to those of you in old Queenslander homes or in temporary
accommodation, please, please get out and stay safe.  This is a storm of
cataclysmic proportions, not seen in the area for nearly 100 years.

Please take care...

Richard and Inger

Inger Vandyke

Professional Wildlife Photographer and Writer
Expedition Leader - Heard Island Expedition  (3 November - 7 December, 2011)
Assistant Publicity Officer - Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association (SOSSA)

Mob:  0402 286 437

www.ingervandyke.com
www.ingervandyke.blogspot.com

Please join the Heard Island Expedition online
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=372344967432&ref=ts
www.heardislandexpedition.blogspot.com
www.heardisland.com.au