birding-aus

Gull behaviour in eastern Florida

To: Chris Gregory <>
Subject: Gull behaviour in eastern Florida
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:37:40 +1000
I'm sure there will be an online translator that could do the job.

LK

On 18/01/2011, at 9:10 PM, Chris Gregory wrote:

Wim, Alan and all Birding-Ozers

I'm not sure I speak on behalf of all B-A's but you have to love
this. Could
this have happened 10 years ago? Some bloke in the US emails Alan in his
leafy bower in tropical FNQ with some obscure request about Gull
behaviour.
Alan posts on B-A and within hours Wim replies from frozen Tromso
(70 deg
N), except he's on holiday in Germany, with an accurate description of the Gulls behaviour and an offer to send the US guy a copy of his paper on the
subject.

Made my day. In a couple of weeks when Wim gets back from his
holiday, I
have visions of a somewhat startled guy from Little Rock, Idaho
trying to
read Wim's paper in Norwegian on the subject.

Cheers
Chris Gregory

On 18 January 2011 20:33, Vader Willem Jan Marinus