birding-aus

white winged chough(blue jays) Wilmington SA

To: birding aus <>
Subject: white winged chough(blue jays) Wilmington SA
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:42:39 +1030
I had great pleasure in seeing these birds on our property this afternoon.
 Blue Jays were one of my favourite birds as a child in the mallee in the
Riverland SA.   They were a common bird and with their distinctive high
pitched call, they were one of the easy ones for us to track down.  In
comparison in years of wandering around the bush back of Monash we only saw
one mallee fowl.

This is the first time I have seen these birds in Wilmington in the 12 years
I have been here.  We have seen them 15 kms south of here between here and
Melrose previously and in the Southern Flinders around Laura.

Anyway, it is great to have the blue jay on board!

Gary