birding-aus

Fwd: RFI Care for Orphaned Oriole

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Fwd: RFI Care for Orphaned Oriole
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 22:39:36 +1000
G'day,

Could any wildlife carers please provide suggestions to Robyn

Regards, Laurie.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Robyn McIntosh" <>
Date: 15 January 2011 9:51:10 PM
To: "'Laurie Knight'" <>
Subject: RE: [Birding-Aus] Re: Cocos & Christmas Island Rarities

Hi,
I am new to this site and it seems I cannot post as my username doesn't work. I am in the Lockyer Valley and have a baby olive backed oriole whose mother was drowned. She is missing some feathers in a patch above her wing joint but otherwise seems fine although she is now pooling yellow watery blobs which is a concern. I am feeding her glucodin and water, and crushed vitawheat biscuits mixed with water and Farex. Yesterday i gave her shredded lettuce and boiled egg. She will not survive on this mix and tomorrow will
start her on wet lorry mix.  The local bird lady is up to her neck in
evacuees and animals (we all have both around here) but she also has no power still or access to her house. I am worried this poor little thing
won't make it unless i know what to feed her.  Can you help please?
Thanks
Robyn