birding-aus

Liquid paper

To: Syd Curtis <>
Subject: Liquid paper
From: Paul G Dodd <>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:45:45 +1100
Syd,

the reason that you can't buy Liquid Paper thinner any more is because the
various formulations were either carcinogenic (used toluene) or depleted the
Ozone Layer (trichloroethane or trichloroethylene). Most companies producing
correction fluid have now developed formulations that don't require thinning,
or have produced correction tape instead.

I don't rate your chances of getting the original chemicals, but you could try
conventional paint thinner or evenwhite spirit. Better though would be to get a
new bottle or correction pen or the tapes.

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria

Sent from my iPhone