birding-aus

Spy Vulture is Israeli Plot says Saudi Arabia

To: "'Carl Clifford'" <>, "'Birding-Aus Aus'" <>
Subject: Spy Vulture is Israeli Plot says Saudi Arabia
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:42:27 +1100
Hi Carl,

Your concern is not isolated. There is a another story that I have been
following on the Africa birds email line. A remarkable story about an
almost unbeleivable success in recovering a tracker from a Lesser
Spotted Eagle from a police station in Nigeria. The last comment from
someone called Phil, that coincidentally came in today, contains the
same fear. I will copy it into here. I have edited out bits to make it
shorter.......

Hi Andy,

Good to hear that you were able to recover the transmitter. I hope that
there were not too many problems as invariably the Nigerians think that
the birds are being used to spy on the country!!

Regards,

Phil