birding-aus

Lyrebird in Brisbane - surely not!!

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: Lyrebird in Brisbane - surely not!!
From: david taylor <>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 22:13:36 +1000
I was at a particularly lush and forested part of Fig Tree Pocket ( a suburb of
Brisbane)  today and was assured by someone that they had just seen a Lyrebird
foraging in the dense growth near the road!  My response was to say they arent
found in Brisbane but was assured that the bird was brown, had a long brushy
like erect tail and was definetely not a brush-turkey which the person was very
familiar with  - for a short moment I thought -" could this be possible!.......
 What else could it be I thought!   ...... thinking, thinking .........and then
it appeared    ..........   A Peafowl - apparently around the area from the
nearby Koala Park!

Certainly no Albert's Lyrebird.......but I had a quiet chuckle about it!

regards

David Taylor
Brisbane