birding-aus

VicTwitch 2010 - Terek Sandpiper

To: "Birding-Aus" <>, "Paul G Dodd" <>
Subject: VicTwitch 2010 - Terek Sandpiper
From: "Peter Madvig" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:53:49 +1100
Fantastic Paul, well done :-)

I've just today finished a 1st July to 31st Dec quest, 184 days, trying for that number of species but staying abreast of or ahead of the applicable day....but, all within the Cumberland County, so no crossing the Hawkesbury, for instance. I have, however, included a sea-watch as well as a Sydney Pelagic. (The purists might say : OI...!! , but then, this is a personal twitch, and 10 cents per bird goes towards a small donation to the Cumberland Bird Observers Club). No playback used by the way, so some omissions for sure, and some "certs" have gone or stayed inland, with the favourable conditions there. But, to paraphrase The Beatles, "I got by with a Little Help from my Friends", and my wife Penny was involved when able.
Total of 186 species :-)
(There are one or two more 'gettable species, but it's hot now and, well,.... enough!!).

Happy New Year to you and to all contributors to birding-aus.
Cheers,
Peter Madvig, Sydney