birding-aus

Bradleys Reserve, Kissing Point Rd, South Turramurra

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Bradleys Reserve, Kissing Point Rd, South Turramurra
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:32:42 +1100
Hi all
I thought I'd end the year with a walk close to home seeking out the local Gang-Gang Cockatoos, which I hadn't hooked up with in 2010. Between 6 and 8:30am I walked some of the tracks in the Upper Lane Cove Valley, ending up at Bradleys Reserve at the south end of Kissing Point Road in South Turramurra. After hearing but not seeing a pair close to the valley floor, I encountered a pair of Gang-Gangs feeding in trees just at the entrance to the reserve at the very southern end of Kissing Point Road. The male bird was more visible and very vocal but didn't seem in the best condition around the head, with missing feathers - moult or a deeper malaise I wonder? Deeper in Lane Cove Valley, I saw an immature Collared Sparrowhawk, 1 Common Bronzewing, 4 Brown Pigeons, 4 Sacred Kingfishers and 3 pairs of Leaden Flycatchers, along with many Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and Rainbow Lorikeets and smaller bush birds.
Cheers to all and Happy Birding for 2011.
Tom Wilson