birding-aus

Immediate rarity updates & Stilt Sandpiper

To: <>
Subject: Immediate rarity updates & Stilt Sandpiper
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:59:17 +1100
Hi,

Whilst we have some great forums for general birding chat and for reporting
sightings, if you want to submit / view IMMEDIATE rarity information, you could
check http://birdo.wildiaries.com.

On the left hand side, there are rarity updates from the last three days. These
are a continual feed of any Twitter posts that contain "@birdorarity". Anyone
who tweets with that tag, will see their tweet appear on this page within
seconds. This is not to replace the valuable service of Eremaea or birding-aus
- the tweets on Bird-O are not stored anywhere, they are just for sharing
updates.

It's just another way to communicate information fast, from your mobile phone
or a desktop computer ... today, there were a number of inter-state visitors
who could not get updates fast enough before booking flights. It's a great way
for all of us to help out our birding mates : )

If you want to receive free (for the time being) first alerts about national
rarities on your phone, just send your mobile number to  We'll
add you to the growing list.

Merry Christmas,

Simon.

PS - I will have some video of the Stilt Sandpiper up on Bird-O before the end
of the afternoon.

Simon Mustoe
Tel: +61 (0) 405220830 | Skype simonmustoe | Email

Visit BIRD-O at http://www.bird-o.com
Follow BIRD-O on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/birdodotcom
Like BIRD-O on Facebook? Visit
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Bird-O/117732794921095