birding-aus

Channel-billed cuckoo numbers

Subject: Channel-billed cuckoo numbers
From: Chris Gregory <>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 22:19:39 +1100
Roger
I live in the inner city of Sydney and until 10 years ago never saw CBC's.
Now I see them frequently. Today I saw a "flock" of 3 flying low over the
Christmas shoppers on busy Oxford St, Paddington. With their cry and odd
profile it was like something out of Jurassic Park - even the shoppers
looked up. Maybe it's the steady advance of Magpies, Currawongs and Ravens
into the inner city.

Look out for them at the Sydney Test.

Cheers

Chris Gregory