birding-aus

Swarovski DCA Zoom Adaptor

To: email list <>
Subject: Swarovski DCA Zoom Adaptor
From: Frank O'Connor <>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:52:11 +0800

I have been looking at an easy way to take photos through my Swarovski ATS80HD scope.

I have tried the universal camera adaptor. This is very hard to setup to get the camera fully aligned. And you need to carry it around with it attached, which makes everything more cumbersome.

Recently, I saw Peter Taylor using a different setup which was very easy. He used the Swarovski DCA Zoom Adaptor with a Canon Powershot A540 and a Canon LA-DC52C Conversion Lens Adaptor. It is basically a tube that slips over the eyepeice, with the digital camera attached. It takes only a few seconds to setup. It is better to have a remote for the camera to reduce shake when you take the photo, but it works quite well.

So I went to a local retailer today to check this out. They can get the DCA adaptor in, but they say that there are no longer any cameras that can be attached to it. Is this correct? They suggested that the Canon G12 might be possible, but that is fairly expensive (about $700).

Any suggestions?