birding-aus

Spotless Crake & RFI Indian birds and mammals

Subject: Spotless Crake & RFI Indian birds and mammals
From: Mark Carter <>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 23:28:06 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Birders,
I had two Spotless Crake calling and strutting around at Ilparpa Swamp
(nr.Alice Springs) from the roadside on Sunday at dusk. Location is on
Wildiaries http://bit.ly/i0hZEk If anyone is headed that way keep an eye out
for them and let me know how you get on.
I'm headed over to India in January so I'm wondering if anyone on this list as
any up to date recommendations they'd like to share on the following topics:
Birding and recommended birding guides around Goa & Rajasthan.Sites to find
Sloth Bear.Sites to find Tiger (ideally not a cheesy 'canned-sighting' trip-
I'd prefer to hunt all day for it!).Sites to find River Dolphin.Sites to find
Rhino.Birder-friendly accommodation.
As I'll be travelling with a non-birder, tips for destinations with other
attractions will be especially welcome!
Cheers
Mark Carter
DesertLife: Bird Guiding, Wildlife Surveys & Consultancy in Australia's Red
Centre T ++61 (0) 447358045  http://www.desertlife.com.au