birding-aus

Torresian crows preying on sick feral pigeons

To: "" <>
Subject: Torresian crows preying on sick feral pigeons
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:39:32 +1100
When I kept pigeons years ago, I would capture wild pigeons living around
schools, etc. They came from squalid conditions, the roosts and nest sites
being inches deep in droppings and deceased birds.

There were sick birds, but not that many. I may be wrong, but I would have
thought if any species was capable of shaking off a disease infecting a flock,
it would be feral pigeons.

Is it possible that the dying crows have been affected by the birds they ate?

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry