birding-aus

Martin Hartree

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Martin Hartree
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:58:56 +0930
Hi All
Thank you for the many messages re Martin Hartree.  I¹ve now forwarded them
to Norm Cramp who tells me that his workmates are doing all they can to
support him.

Just to give you an example of the sort of blokes we¹re dealing with here ­
some years ago there was a 3 m. crocodile living in Leanyer Ponds.  The
workers named him Ben.  He would doze on the causeway waiting for the
workers to drive past  whereupon they¹d stop, feed him their lunch and give
him a pat.  Parks & Wildlife, learning about Ben, did not share the workers¹
feeling of mateship for this particular animal, and put a trap in the ponds
to catch him.  The workers, determined to keep Ben safe, kept removing the
bait.   However, he was soon caught  and taken away to a crocodile farm.

The workers were very upset on losing him and so they did what anyone would
do for a workmate.  They put in an unfair dismissal claim, to the union.  I
was told it went right to the top before anyone realised that Ben was a
croc.

Denise