birding-aus

Another Grey Falcon in Alice Springs...

To: <>
Subject: Another Grey Falcon in Alice Springs...
From: "Steve Potter" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 18:31:38 +1030
Dear All

Why would ya pay $1600 to see a Princess Parrot when in a couple a month's
they could be as common as Grey Falcons!!

I saw 2 probable Grey Falcons the day before also!!!

The Centre is amazing!!! Go now!!

Have fun

Steve

Another Grey Falcon in Alice Springs...

from [
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%2Bfr
om%3Aroadkill.chronicles%40gmail.com&idxname=birding-aus&sort=date%3Alate>
Christopher Watson]

[Permanent
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=birding-aus
&i=AANLkTi%3DmhFDHAvGRkoPMnRcHm6Z9yvPVDAZ%2BgRBRXApr%40mail.gmail.com>
Link][Original
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/extract-mesg.cgi?a=bir
ding-aus&m=2010-11&i=AANLkTi%3DmhFDHAvGRkoPMnRcHm6Z9yvPVDAZ%2BgRBRXApr%40mai
l.gmail.com> ]

Another Grey Falcon in Alice Springs...

Christopher Watson < >

Fri, 5 Nov 2010 11:26:50 +0930

Steve Potter (Adelaide) and I had a Grey Falcon this morning shortly after
first light only 9kms north of Alice Springs on the Stuart Highway.

We parked immediately north of the rail overpass and a single bird flew over
us from the west giving clear views of all diagnostic features. It looped
around to the north and we had another good view about 15 minutes later.

About an hour later, we had a third view at a greater distance of what was
probably the same bird.

This is an area criss-crossed by many small watercourses still holding water
with many small dams and lots of small to medium eucalypts.

Chris Watson
Alice Springs