birding-aus

Rare Birds from Ashmore Reef

To: "Geoffrey Jones" <>, <>
Subject: Rare Birds from Ashmore Reef
From: " Moorhead Family" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:27:19 +1000
Just about fainted Geoff...flicking through your Ashmore pix...Long-tailed Antbird!....then I realized that the shots went on from Ashmore striaght to South America........ Great birds...As an aside , we saw many(mainly juvenile) Grey-streaked Flycatchers moving through the Crocker Ranges (Sabah) about a month ago.....Susan Myers (FG to Birds of Borneo) reckons that they are a rare non-breeding visitor...we certainly saw plenty so maybe there is a bit of an influx at the moment from NE Asia!
Off to Madagascar next week.....ahhhhh
Cheers,
Bill