birding-aus

Mystery vocalization from Alice Springs

Subject: Mystery vocalization from Alice Springs
From: Lloyd Nielsen <>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:57:05 +1000
Sounds very much like a bowerbird to me - the Great Bowerbird does something similar at times. There seems to be calls which sound very much like that of Magpie-lark mixed in. When you put this up on the screen and analyse it, the latter seems to be part of the whole call - mimicry along with the more strident calls? The more I look at and hear it, the more it seems like a bowerbird.

Lloyd Nielsen,
Mt Molloy, Nth Qld