birding-aus

'ARABIAN' Shearwaters in Bonapartes Gulf - CONGRATULATIONS

To: simon mustoe <>, <>, birding aus <>
Subject: 'ARABIAN' Shearwaters in Bonapartes Gulf - CONGRATULATIONS
From: robert morris <>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 05:29:05 +0000
I have to say Simon that when I was looking through the photos I was wondering
about a new 'Audubon's' taxa. It seems amazing that that many Arabian
Shearwaters are sitting off Darwin when they should be breeding off Oman.  I
guess they could be non-breeding birds? Or the Comoro taxa - which is even less
known? Or quite possibly, a completely new taxa?

Rob Morris

Brisbane, Australia