birding-aus

North Victoria parks RFI

Subject: North Victoria parks RFI
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:14:08 EDT
Hello,

I'm an American who is currently on an Aussie birding trip, and I plan to
be in the North Victoria area for the rest of the week, based in Ouyen.  I
have a medium size All Wheel Drive rental car (Toyota Rav4).  I visited
that area in 2004,and everything was extremely dry.  I'm expecting things  to
look somewhat different in this very wet year, although I don't expect the
damage caused by the long drought will be completely repaired yet, by any
means.  I'm staying for four nights in Ouyen (Tuesday through Friday  nights).

I have a lot of info from the archives about the parks in the area, and I
have Tim Dolby's book, but I would be interested in any current
information.  Is any one of the parks better than the others right  now?  Any
particular parts of any of the parks?  I hope to visit  Hattah-Kulkyne,
Murray-Sunset, Bronzewing, and at least the northern part of  Wyperfeld.

Any recent information on conditions or any other tips would be much
appreciated.

Regards,

Barry Brugman
USA