birding-aus

Buff breasted paradise kingfisher

Subject: Buff breasted paradise kingfisher
From: Kingfisher Park Birdwatchers Lodge <>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:59:58 +1000
 Hi Andrew,
We have been keeping records of arrivals and departures of Buff-breasted Paradise-Kingfisher since 1994 for Kingfisher Park, Cairns with a few Daintree records. The previous earliest record was 18th October at Kamerunga in Cairns and 19th October at Kingfisher Park Birdwatchers Lodge. Others may have earlier records that we don't know about. So the arrival this year at the Lodge on the 16th is 2 days early than previous records. The last two years they have not arrived until the 11th and 18th November. The record from Mission Beach may have been one of the birds heading further south to Mackay and Byfield N.P. It would be interesting to find out the arrival dates at these places. More information is on our blog for this week. kingfisherparkbirdwatchers.blogspot.com/2010/10/17th-october-2010-report.html

Cheers,
Keith & Lindsay
    Keith & Lindsay Fisher
    RN 6 Mt. Kooyong Road