birding-aus

RFI Arctic Tern at Mordialloc

To: "David Richardson" <>, "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI Arctic Tern at Mordialloc
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:37:36 +1100
I'm not sure if still there at noon but Bill Ramsay tells me that he was one of ten observers that saw and photographed it there ~11.00-11.30. Presumably that was before it moved to Ricketts Point. Apparently it is becoming used to all the attention allowing approach to 10 m. Several that were there are leaving today for the annual Kimberley Birdwatching's Broome-Ashmore-Broome trip. I and others that leave things to the last minute will be departing on Friday so people should post their sightings direct to Birding-Aus. Incidentally the clutch of the Silver Gull at MacDonald's in Frankston had risen to 3 on Sunday 10th! Have had no excuse to check since!

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mount Eliza  VIC 3930
Tel  (03) 9787 7136