birding-aus

Noisy Miner

Subject: Noisy Miner
From: Sonja Serfontein <>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:51:23 +0000 (GMT)
Hi

I am not sure who to get in touch with, maybe you could point me in the right
direction.  I just found a baby noisy miner in my shoe outside the fron door.
It's late at night and I am not able to look for a nest althought I am not
aware of any.  We have loads of cats in the area, so I have taken it in.  Given
it a bit of water and now..... well I am not sure what to do.  What do I feed
it?  Is there somewhere I can take it?  If not how do I look after it till I
set it back into the wild.

Thanks a million
Sonja

P.S I live in Rockhampton, but am new to the country and not sure of any rescue
programs there might be.