birding-aus

Inskip Point Friday

To: <>
Subject: Inskip Point Friday
From: Nick Leseberg <>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:44:53 +0000
Hi All,

I made a flying visit to Inskip Point yesterday morning, the main aim being to
find Black-breasted Button-Quail for a friend who needed it. Conditions were
less than ideal with a fairly strong wind picking up early.

It took a couple of hours but we eventually located a pair of quail which gave
brief but satisfactory views right at the tip of the point. Amongst other
common birds were a pair of Fairy Gerygones and a pair of Beach Stone-Curlews
which interestingly were flushed initially from well inside the scrubby area.

Now off to Darwin for a big week of birding!

Good birding

Nick Leseberg