birding-aus

RFI Shanes Park, W Sydney?

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI Shanes Park, W Sydney?
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:30:47 +1000
Hi all
I'm hoping I can get out and do some birding this week and I was planning on heading for Castlereagh SF and that area to get some western Sydney species. However, I have seen a number of interesting postings on Eremaea recently about Shanes Park, posted by Edwin Vella. The most recent referred to Air Services Land off Captain Cook Drive. Is this site generally accessible to the birding public or is permission required? If it is accessible, where does one go in?

Then a very specific question about the Owlet Nightjar, as this is a species that I have never satisfactorily observed "at the hole" (not for want of searching), so I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me directions to this one?

I've tried to contact Edwin Vella directly but the email address that I had for him bounced and I couldn't find any recent posts here that I could glean an address from.

Cheers
Tom Wilson