birding-aus

Rafting of Monas Vale. N.S.W.

To: <>
Subject: Rafting of Monas Vale. N.S.W.
From: "David Simpson" <>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 08:41:23 +1000
--- Begin Message ---
To: "Northside Birders." <>
Subject: [Northside Birders] shearwaters / petrels in Mona Vale
From: Janene Luff <>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 15:39:48 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Birders:
I am a visiting birder from the UK.  The past two days there has been
a raft of shearwaters / petrels, along with gulls, terns, and gannets,
in the bay off from the dog park by Mona Vale Hospital.  They drifted
south by the Turimatta Head.  Because of the type of traveling we are
doing, I was unable to bring my scope along, therefore could not get a
definite identification.

I do not know if anyone has reported this raft of thousands of birds.
They are in a feeding frenzy; how long it will last is anyone's
guess.  I am interetsed in knowing what is in this group of birds.  If
anyone has reported it, could you please let me know the results?
Thanks,
Wayne Hochstetler
<>

--