birding-aus

Boobooks - All of them

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Boobooks - All of them
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:51:32 +1000
Hi all,

Mention a tour company and they ask you for favours;-)

Happy to oblige though so.....

Can anyone help James Eaton with his Boobook request below please? C'mon guys,
we may get a split or two out of this;-)

Details of where to send recordings are in his note below

Alan

Dear Alan,

I am looking into the taxonomy of Southern Boobook, primarily to do with the
Indonesian races but I need a good series of Australian recordings to back up
my theories, and while at it, I will also look into the taxonomy of the species
in Oz, including Tasmania and Queensland birds.

I need to ask the following:

I am currently involved in an on-going project regarding Southern Boobook and
require as many sound recordings of the territorial call as possible - if any
one is able to provide sound recordings they would be warmly acknowledged in
the publication.

Please send any recordings to  and please provide
location details (site and state) and date.

I require recordings from anywhere in Australia (particularly Tasmania and
Queensland), New Guinea and New Zealand.

Cheers,
--
James Eaton

Birdtour Asia
www.birdtourasia.com

Birdtour Asia Limited
Sales Office: 17 Keats Avenue, Littleover, Derby, DE23 4EE, England.
Tel: +44 1332 516254

Registered Number 6383052 England&  Wales.
Registered Office: The Mills, Canal Street, Derby DE1 2RJ.