birding-aus

ARE YOU GOING TO ALICE THIS WEEKEND AND WANT TO EXCHANGE SAT PHONE / MOB

To: <>
Subject: ARE YOU GOING TO ALICE THIS WEEKEND AND WANT TO EXCHANGE SAT PHONE / MOBILE NUMBERS?
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 02:38:24 +0000
Hi,

Can I just say, that despite whatever problems there have been, I am really
really excited to be going to Alice on Friday and spending a long-weekend
birding!!

Five of us are heading up in a car load to look for Princess Parrots and will
have a sat phone. We're picking it up on Friday though, so we won't know the
number until then. If we find ANYTHING, I will let a mate know and get this up
on Birding-Aus, Bird-O, wherever. Even better, would be if I could ring birders
in the local area and tell them directly what we've found (and by return, be
called by others, if they find anything).

If so, please email me with your details. I will send our number later. Can I
suggest we all try to have satellite phones on an pointing at the sky every
evening between 6pm and 6:30pm. If all else fails, please call 02 6100 4425. We
will check messages daily and put locations up in the recorded message.

**someone the other day made the same offer but I can't find their details in
the deluge of B-A posts...could someone remind me where the email is?**

Cheers,

Simon.