birding-aus

Princess Parrot trips

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Princess Parrot trips
From: Carl Billingham <>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 03:05:39 -0700 (PDT)
Col Judkins and I will be heading up to Alice for the Princess Parrots, setting
out from Adelaide on Wednesday the 18th.  We hope to be in the area for 2 days,
leaving on Saturday the 21st and heading back to Mt Lyndhurst for a bit more
birding along the Strzelecki.

Happy to keep in touch with anybody in the area either before, during or after
the trip to share information, just drop us an email off line.

Cheers,

Carl Billingham
Taringa, Brisbane

Princess Parrot trips
By Jennifer Spry, on August 8th, 2010
Hi all,
It seems that quite a few people are heading for Kings Canyon over the next
week
or so.
We will be there from 11/08 to 16/08. Another group are planning on 20/08 to
23/08 approx. A third group should be arriving approx 16/08 and staying for
about a week.
Is any one else going around this time? If so it might be wise to look out for
each other once we arrive as from what I see on Google Earth the track in could
be as bad, or worse, than Ian says.
>From what I have found out, permits for the Meerinee loop can be picked up
>either from the tourist center in Alice or at Kings Canyon. They are issued on
>the spot and there is no fee, according to the Central Land Council website.
cheers
Jen