birding-aus

Incredible Princess Numbers

To: "'Donald G. Kimball'" <>, <>
Subject: Incredible Princess Numbers
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 13:01:01 +1000
Hello Don,

The area where Ian May has located the birds shows up very well on the
Australian Bureau of Meteorology website as having received exceptional
rainfall over the last six months, 400 to 600mm, but most of Central
Australia has received at least 200 to 300mm as well. This would have
resulted in a prolonged growth response by the local plant life, the habitat
would be in prime condition to support a major breeding event. If Ian has
seen this many birds along a couple of roads imagine how more clusters of
birds there must be in the country between the roads.

Cheers Jeff Davies.