birding-aus

Question about Princess Parrots

To: <>
Subject: Question about Princess Parrots
From: "John Penhallurick" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:00:47 +1000
Dear Friends,

I had a call from Geoffrey Jones of Barra Imaging, who told me that
conditions around Jupiter Well were very dry.  I remember that Alan Macbride
(I think it was him, apologies if I am mistaken Alan) posted an email to say
that although they spent 6 days in the region in June, they saw no Princess
Parrots.  Geoffrey suggested that as they had much better rains near the
beginning of the Canning Stock Route, the parrots were probably  up there
feasting on the grass seeds. Can ayone tell me if they have ever found the
parrots at the start of th Cannng Stock Route.  Hiring a big 4WD to get from
Alice to Jupiter  Well is going to cost me a hell of a lot of money, and I
don't want to spend this if there chances of seeing  the parrots there are
extremely slim.So any advice in the next 24 hours would be very welcome.  I
could hire a 4WD in Halls Creek I assume.  But how far down the Canning
would I have to go?  Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

John Penhallurick