birding-aus

Latest installment - video of Great-billed Heron, Daintree River

To: Simon Mustoe <>
Subject: Latest installment - video of Great-billed Heron, Daintree River
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:09:55 +1000
Good stuff Simon,

Bird-O looking better every day, you'd better stay up there;-)

Alan

On 07/07/2010, at 21:22 , Simon Mustoe wrote:

Hi,

Out with Chris Dahlberg the other day on the Daintree River Cruise. I would
apparently be mistaken to suggest that Great-billed Heron is seen on every trip
- though I can boast a 100% success rate on the two trips I have been on!
Nevertheless, this is still a sought-after bird and Chris' trips remain one of
the best ways to see this amazing crocodile-eating species. As before, I will
edit up more in due course but here's a teaser showing this magnificent bird.

http://bird-o.com/2010/07/07/great-billed_heron/

Regards,

Simon.