birding-aus

Little Kingfisher video, Cairns Botanic Gardens

To: <>
Subject: Little Kingfisher video, Cairns Botanic Gardens
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:36:15 +0000
We've just begun a trip around the Cairns region...we'll be reporting on the
activities, birds and places to see birds and stay in the area. This was a nice
added bonus on arrival, as we visited the botanic gardens and had a Little
Kingfisher on the freshwater lake. Time to try out the Swarovski digi-scoping
set up and a new Canon 550D digital SLR and video camera.

http://bird-o.com/2010/06/30/little-kingfisher/

Watched Cassowary down to a couple of feet today - I will see if I can get that
video online tomorrow. A truly amazing if slightly nervy experience, as she
took an interest in the end of my lens and paced slowly towards me as I sat on
the verandah at at Cassowary House. Far more than I imagined and quite regular
occurrence I am told.

Time for bed now...Sooty Owl calling outside.

All the best birding,

Simon.