birding-aus

SA outback - Strz and Birdsville track

Subject: SA outback - Strz and Birdsville track
From: Peter Waanders <>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:48:23 +0930
Hi all
I'm just on my way back from a fantastic SA outback trip including
Strzelecki and Birdsville tracks. Road conditions are good, the birdsville
punt takes one vehicle at a time so on the way up we were the only car
there, on the way back we had to wait 1.5 hrs for 7 other cars in front of
us. Highlights include Short-tailed Grasswrens at Stokes Hill, Thick-bills
at Lyndhurst, 6 Chestnut-breasted Whitefaces at Lyndhurst, 2 pairs of
Letter-winged Kites along the Strz track, Gibberbirds and Eyrean Grasswrens
all over the place, Grey Grasswrens along the Birdsville and to top it off a
beautiful Grey Falcon also along the Birdsville track. Etc etc etc. Will
post more details on my website when I get time  next week. Everyone should
head up there if they get a chance!
Regards,

Peter Waanders

Southern Birding Services