birding-aus

Musk lorikeets update et alia

To: "" <>
Subject: Musk lorikeets update et alia
From: Peter Horler <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:29:04 +1000
Hello

Thought it worth mentioning that the Musk lorikeets that turned up here (Pine
Mountain, Qld) on 20th May are still hanging around 5 weeks later.
Their numbers have varied but we still have them roosting nearby every evening
with the attendant raucous calling.

We've also noticed that there are Noisy Friarbirds about for the past 4 weeks,
when last year they weren't here until September?
In addition the magpies are squabbling - another August/September thing and our
Pale-headed Rosellas are getting broody.

Do you suppose the birds are trying to tell us something?

Cheers
Peter
Pine Mountain, Q

Never take life seriously