birding-aus

RE: RFI: Bowra through to Corner Country

To: <>
Subject: RE: RFI: Bowra through to Corner Country
From: "Plaxy BARRATT" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:26:29 +1000
Hi Chris

I will be in the field in the Cunnamulla - Thargomindah - Hungerford
region for the next two weeks and have been informed by Mark Handley
(Ranger in Charge) that there is still a great deal of water about this
area. In case you were planning any side trips, access to Lake Numalla
(Currawinya N.P) is restricted as the lake is draining over the road,
and Parks are keen to reduce disturbance to pelican breeding areas. Also
the tracks around Lake Bindegolly are closed and will probably remain so
until summer, but as you may know the highway runs directly past the
lake so you can still access the area on foot.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Plaxy Barratt
Toowoomba, Qld