birding-aus

ID assistance please

To: <>, "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: ID assistance please
From: "SeanDooley" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:37:54 +1000
Hi Bob,

I'd say a female-type Orange Chat as not only does it have the yellow rump
as Michael pointed out(and yellow undertail coverts too), it has a dark eye
which pretty much conclusively rules out Gibberbird or Yellow Chat. On most
plumages of the other two species would have far more yellow below or around
the face.

I say female type as I suspect that that this may be an immature given that
there isn't much yellow colour on the underside, and the pale edging to the
wings seems quite strong, similar to how it would appear in adult males.
This isn't a dignostic feature, just more suggestive of a male to my mind.

Sean