birding-aus

The sun

To: Grahame Rogers <>, "" <>
Subject: The sun
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 06:34:36 +1000
That's a useful site, but it's annoying having to enter the parameters each
time. I've been using http://members.iinet.net.au/~jacob/risesetmelb.html where
the times are all precalculated for Melbourne. That site has tables for the
other capital cities too, but for some reason has no index page, so you have to
search for them. "sunrise sunset site:http://members.iinet.net.au"; will find
them all.

I ended up copying them into a spreadsheet, deleting all but 52 weekly times,
and importing them into my Outlook calendar, then manually turned them all into
yearly recurring "appointments". They appear on a different day of the week
each year, but as they automatically replicate to my phone, I now have my local
sun times at my fingertips. One wonders how I find the time to do any birding
after all that.

I've been toying with the idea of doing the weekend tide times ...

Peter Shute