birding-aus

CORRECTION: WTN in Axedale.

To: <>
Subject: CORRECTION: WTN in Axedale.
From: "Marlene Lyell" <>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 23:25:23 +1000
Hi All,

  The WTN reported from Axedale yesterday  are incorrectly identified and
were White-backed Swallows.

I was beginning to have doubts after posting the report and forwarded a very
blurry photo to Mike T. who pointed out the extensive white throat & breast
as well as having smaller wingspan. (blurry photo available if anyone would
like to see it)

I only saw the birds for 10-15 seconds and didn't have my binoculars with
me, but had the camera fortunately (trying to photograph robins at the time)
so I'm grateful for Mike's help with id'ing the birds.

Happy birding

Marlene.