birding-aus

re: bird calls

To: Mark Carter <>, "" <>
Subject: re: bird calls
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:50:04 +1000
Regarding editing out the announcements, I assume they would have been provided
as separate tracks, but there's a limit of 99 tracks in the CD format, so it
would have meant twice as many CDs.  Even more if it had been broken up into
separate tracks for subspecies and call types.

I'm not sure what you mean by indexing the files.  When I ripped mine to mp3,
most were named automatically, I think I only had to do one or two CDs.  I can
look them up by volume and track numbers, or by species name.  Apart from
splitting the tracks up, I'm not sure what else I'd want.

Peter Shute