birding-aus

Sheep Station Creek Cons. Park, SEQld

To: <>
Subject: Sheep Station Creek Cons. Park, SEQld
From: Gavin Goodyear <>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:30:33 +1000
 Hi all,

 I made an hour long visit (8-9am) to this reserve in Brisbane's northern
suburbs on Sunday 9th of May. Some of the birds observed here included
Musk Lorikeet (I think I recall them being seen here recently) along with
numbers of Rainbow, Scaly-breasted and Little Lorikeets. Musk Lorikeets
are generally very uncommon around Brisbane although there were several
reports from various suburbs last year.
 Restless Flycatcher, Crested Shrike-tit , White-naped Honeyeater and
White-bellied Cuckoo-shrike also put in an appearance. There were several
groups of Scarlet Honeyeater throughout the reserve along with many of the
commoner species found in the reserve such as Fuscous Honeyeater, Eastern
Yellow Robin, Grey Fantail and Variegated Fairy-wren.
 Although not observed this time Painted Button-quail and Black-chinned
Honeyeater (winter and spring) are also found here as well as
Yellow-footed Antechinus ( a small marsupial mouse)

 Cheers
 Gavin