birding-aus

Sean Dooley's Lunchbox Soapbox

To: "SeanDooley" <>
Subject: Sean Dooley's Lunchbox Soapbox
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:01:36 +1000 (EST)
Good to hear about your gig Sean!

I think this sort of provocative engagement is absolutely critical
precisely because of the state of play regarding the concept and practice
of "threatened species" in all legislative jurisdictions (otherwise known
as lip-service).

And as to the reason why there has not been much commentary about the
Orange-bellied Parrot announcement on birding-aus, here's a thought
(coming off a little bit of steam and "playful" soapboxing). Perhaps it's
because this list crawls with compromised "eco-consultants" and their
various other crony-associates, who just happen to be the same well-paid
technicist stooges who always support (with their moribund, standardised
mode of "science") destructive developments across the continent? They are
also the ones generating plenty of the very very grey literature too,
which is often used behind the scenes in governmental assessments under
threatened species legislation in NSW at least. Next thing you know they
will be running all state and federal threatened species initiatives. Bad
outcome?

cheers

Craig