birding-aus

Aussie birds in foreign movies

To: "BirdingAus" <>
Subject: Aussie birds in foreign movies
From: "Russ Lamb" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:30:59 +1000
Went along to see the newly released movie "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" on
Monday. This is a Swedish production of the first of the Millennium Trilogy by
deceased Swedish author Steig Larsson.
  Towards the end of the movie there is a brief scene set in Australia with
sheep and mountains.Where's that I wondered, maybe the Flinders Ranges? During
the credits at movie's end I notice reference to "Spanish sheep wrangler", so,
OK, the scene's been filmed in Spain.
      To heighten credibility re the Australianess of the scene, there's a
Crested Bellbird calling in the background. Fair enough, I thought-----followed
by the faint sounds of a whipbird (Eastern I guess, though I'm not familiar
with Western Whipbird call).Don't often hear those together.
     A very well done movie (even with some dodgy idiom. Do Swedes really say
"knock yourself out"??)

Russ Lamb, Maleny,SEQ