birding-aus

Birdwatchers - terrorists, criminal, both or neither?

To: NT Birds group <>, "Birding-Aus (Forum)" <>, BirdChat posts <>
Subject: Birdwatchers - terrorists, criminal, both or neither?
From: bob gosford <>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:40:32 +0930
Dear all,

As indicated/threatened earlier this week I've prepared a blog post at my
Crikey blog, The Northern
Myth<http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2010/03/31/birdwatchers-terrorists-criminals/>,
based on the original post and the responses to the unfortunate incident
that a female birder in Queensland had with one of the local coppers.

I've collected a few of the posts together and have thrown a few comments
and thoughts of my own in - hopefully we can continue and broaden this
discussion. I haven't identified any of the posters to Birding-Aus by name.

You can read the blog post here:
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2010/03/31/birdwatchers-terrorists-criminals/

Cheers and I look forward to hearing more of your adventures with the
officious, the nosy and the downright rude - and of course the good news
stories where you've been able to convert disbelievers!

Bob Gosford
Alice Springs