birding-aus

Looking for banding experience this winter

Subject: Looking for banding experience this winter
From: Ethan Linck <>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:34:36 -0700
I'm a student at Reed College in Portland, OR, USA, looking to gain experience banding / mist-netting this May / June / July. For several years, my passion has been Australasian birds, and I'm hoping to get some first hand experience with live-capture and monitoring in anticipation of a research project later this winter. I have had some (minimal) exposure to these techniques through the MAPS program in the USA, but I'm really looking to expand my knowledge and skills with more relevant Australasian bird families. I understand winter is down- time for most banding programs, but I was I might be able to find a position as an assistant to someone doing work sometime during the time mentioned, whenever convenient. I am flexible for location as well, and am happy to supply more information / a letter of recommendation if need be.

Thanks,
Ethan Linck