birding-aus

Hagfish!

To: Denise Goodfellow <>,
Subject: Hagfish!
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:01:47 +1100
Hi Denise.

I recollect that back when Credit Cards were a new invention, they had to have special wallets to live in. And the expensive ones made of hagfish skin turned out to somehow corrupt the cards and make them unreadable. And people were seriously blaming the hagfish and suggesting research, until some bright spirit noticed that the wallets had been made with magnetic catches.
  I'm still laughing about this.
Seriously, any creature which can produce so much slime to defend itself is worth studying. What do lampreys do in similar circumstances?

Anthea Fleming

Denise Goodfellow wrote:
Helen
There are two of us who are "fascinated by hagfish".  This is my earlier
email to Alan.

I'm fascinated, and truly grateful that I have at least two friends (the
other being Helen Larson) who will find it so as well!
Denise