birding-aus

Adelaide Fringe play "The Sociable Plover"

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Adelaide Fringe play "The Sociable Plover"
From: Philip Griffin <>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:41:46 +1030
Greetings,

Having a wife who loves British crime TV, and having a more-than-passing
interest in theatre and birds myself, earlier this week we went to see
one of the
many shows on offer in Adelaide at present, "The Sociable Plover".

It's a murder mystery set in a bird hide with a chap who has seen every bird
on the British list except the Sociable Plover.  Now, the atmospheric conditions
are perfect for it to land right in that field over there, so he's set
up camp in his local
bird hide and is waiting for the plover to land amongst the many
Northern Lapwings
already present.

I won't go into the twists and turns, but if you're in Adelaide and it
sounds like your
cup-of-tea so to speak, I can highly recommend the experience.  And so can the
reviewers who are giving it 5 stars...

Here are some other links concerning the production

www.glamadelaide.com.au/main/the-sociable-plover-fringe/

www.talkfringe.com.au/index.php?view=act&id=565

It goes until Sunday of this weekend 14th March 2010.

tix.adelaidefringe.com.au/ticketing/EventDetails.aspx?EventGuid=1e3a5e7d-c1be-4c65-88e8-5e17e587cac6

As a complete aside, we got briefly talking to the producer (and actor
who plays the
birdwatcher), the excellent Guy Masterson.
The last time I had seen him on stage was in a similarly excellent adaptation of
"Twelve Angry Men", the music for which was written by wonderful
British comedian/
musician Bill Bailey, who is currently presenting a series for British
TV entitled
"Bill Bailey's Bird Watching Bonanza".

Cheers

Philip