birding-aus

Black Honeyeaters in The Red Centre

Subject: Black Honeyeaters in The Red Centre
From: Christopher Watson <>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:50:13 +0930
G'day all,
               The Black Honeyeaters seem to be everywhere at the moment. I
counted 23 driving along the Lasseter Highway between the Mt Ebenezer
roadhouse and Curtin Springs. I've never seen them before in such numbers.

Also the Budgerigars and Cockatiels are already much more noticeable in
small flocks everywhere in the outback. I think we are on the cusp of a
really exciting time. The deserts have had a proper soaking most places
south of Alice and there is water lying in huge sheets all the way down from
Marla to Coober Pedy and beyond.

Regards, Chris Watson
Alice Springs