birding-aus

RFI BBBQ Brisbane

To: Jill Molan <>
Subject: RFI BBBQ Brisbane
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:13:58 +1000
Hi Jill,

You're thinking of a single record by Dez Wells at Lake Manchester.  While
that was a great record, I believe it was fluke and you would be wasting
your time chasing BBBQ there.  You are much better going to Inskip Pt if you
only have a limited time, although at last notice the road in was cut off by
floodwaters, so keep an eye on local conditions.  Two other good sites are
Mt Mee and Yarraman, both of which have extensive information available in
the archives, but a much lower success rate than Inskip.  If you are very
keen to get the birds and feel like paying a guide, I hear Greg Roberts has
his own secret sites on the Sunshine Coast so you could contact him.

Regards,
Chris